Thursday, June 09, 2011

Sharing is Caring

I discovered something new about writerscafe.org today. Apparently, you can share things directly from the website. But that's not the new part. I knew you were able to do that, I'd accidentally pressed the button that would have allowed me to do it half a kazillion times. No, what's new is the fact that people actually use it. And that when they do use it, it takes not of it and puts a little number up there.

How did I discover this? It freakin' happened to me! I'm not mad. This sounds like I'm mad, but I'm really not mad. I'm really excited. That means that either someone knows nothing about technology and therefore clicked on a share button, or someone actually liked something that I wrote enough to share it with the world! Or maybe just their grandmother and her deaf cat, but I don't care! There's a grandmother and a deaf cat out there someone reading something that I wrote! How cool is that?!

The only problem is that I don't know who this person is, and it won't even tell me which platform it was posted onto secondhand. I've tried googling it a bunch of different ways, but I can't find it. So someone out there likes my writing, I don't know who and they've shared it with people I don't know. It's awesome, but kinda disconcerting, because it's weird knowing that it's been read and then given to others to read and I don't know who those others are. I just hope I've been credited appropriately. (If you happen to see it somewhere, let me know, I'd love to poke around where it's been sent!)

No comments:

Post a Comment