Monday, May 30, 2011

New Project?

Today, in drama, I didn't have a whole lot to do. We're working on our ISU's and while the other member of my group who was there is totally awesome, and really, really nice and incredibly talented (ie we get along well, and she's not at fault for my boredom in the slightest), I ran out of things. So I started doodling. I originally started off with a drawing of an alligator, but turned into a piece of toast (or bread, I haven't officially decided). With a hat. And a handbag. I decided that his best friend would have to be celiac. That he'd be offended by grilled cheese. And he'd hit on granola bars. His name is Gary. This personified pastry is the result of a spilled science experiment.

And that's where the other characters started rolling in. I really hope nobody else uses the ideas I've already listed, because that would really upset me, but I have decided to start scripting a webcomic. For those of you who don't know, I have an unhealthy obsession with webcomics. I read a kazillion and keep adding onto my list, and when I find a new one, I read it from beginning to end. Lately I've taken to rereading. Especially James Kochalka's, because his are rereadable and still really funny, because you remember specific ones better because each is a specific incident.

The only problem is, in case you haven't read my post on children's books, that I can't draw. At all. I'm really, really bad. Like, suuuuuuper bad. It's painful how bad I am. So I can script to my heart's content, but drawing will be hard, especially since I have a particular style that I like. That particular style is pseudo-manga style dealy, in case you were curious. Therefore, I plan to script out a bunch, and ask a very talented artist cousin of mine if he'd be willing to illustrate it for me. After that, we can rule the world, bwahahahaha. Or at least I can post a weekly webcomic or something. But we'll see how the scripting goes first before I go full into this foray into webcomiccery.

No comments:

Post a Comment