Monday, May 09, 2011

Long Time Coming Stuff

I have news! Screnzy is complete! My school play goes in front of an audience tomorrow! Osama Bin Laden ( I think it's spelled right? I have a really hard time with names :S) is dead! Although  I keep wanting to put Obama, which would be bad. Fortunately, though, he's not dead. On the note of politics though, unfortunately, Canada has a majority conservative government, because we are apparently incredibly stupid. It makes me grumpy, but that's another story for another day.

Where was I...right, right, Screnzy! I won. At around 9 o'clock. In the end, I'm really not a fan of my script. It's kind of reeeally awful, but I got really quite close to being finished. I didn't develop a whole whack of characters, and I eventually just started writing scenes I figured I could do, so it was inconsistent but it's done. At the moment, I think I'll just let it be. I don't want to revise it, or finish it. I still have my outline, and I haven't deleted what I've written, so I may come back, 10, 20 years down the road and remake it.

I've done some other writing since Screnzy. It's funny though, while I was writing, all I wanted to do was work on either an old novel manuscript, or start up a new one. At the moment I'm working on a series of short stories I've been planning out for eons that all involve the different forms of gender, particularly with a trans/non-conformist spin. Not to mention I've been planning out my novel for the summer, which is a traditional coming of age road trip sort of thing that deals with the same stage I'm at, at the moment.

I had more planned that I wanted to mention, but I went off to do other things, and now I forget. So, I think I'm going to leave it at that. Ta ta for now.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on completing the Screnzy! ...again. :P Unfortunately for Canada, young adults and anyone else who could've made a difference in the election didn't turn up to vote, thus condemning voting booths to old people. ._. Surely, this is a travesty.

    On the note of new things being written, I'm looking forward to what you have to write, 'n stuff. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete