Friday, February 18, 2011

And Then There Was

Music. And not just any music, it was music at my school. We have a program in place where professional musicians come in and play for us and answer questions and so on and so forth. And every time I never fail to realize how unaccomplished I am. I mean, it's like every time I see someone else doing something they love and getting payed for it (regardless of whether or not it's a full time job) I'm reminded of how very little I've done with anything I've achieved. I've never won any contests, or been published, hell, I hardly get any reviews on anything I write and post (although that may partly be because of the fact that I never review anyone else's work so my name is hardly out there so people don't know to look at my work).

So this is rabidly becoming a venty, ranty expression of melancholy. Which is not what I want. Therefore, I am going to end happily! Or, well, try to. It depends on your idea of happy. To some, happy is death. To others, happy is a warm kitten. I don't know why a warm kitten specifically, beyond that it's alive, but who knows. Perhaps some people have temperature preferences for their pets, who am I to judge. Unfortunately, though, there shall be no death and no kittens. However, what there shall be is the reposting of something else I've written. If I get in trouble for it, I'll just take it down, but as it stands I plan to re-post That's My Problem (ie my lone attempt at comedy) on writerscafe.org under my username of littlestnewt (which is kind of my default if you hadn't noticed). Ideally the same pen name and the same story and names that work out and whatnot shall ensure that there won't be any copyright issues, but as far as I'm aware, submitting to the one site doesn't give them exclusive rights and I still hold copyright for it so it doesn't really matter. Anyways, technical worrying over and done with, I'm off to go edit and then post. Cheers!   

No comments:

Post a Comment